Sunday, February 24, 2008

#7 White whale

"White could be associated with horror. The famous chapter 42 ("The Whiteness of The Whale") of Herman Melville's Moby-Dick speculates about it." (Wikipedia).

Two weeks ago a friend phoned me to tell me the Westvleteren 8º was going into sale at the Saint Sixtus abbey. He arranged the appointment, because it's very hard to get through the phone. With a business phone it is possible to dial the same number until it is connected. To my surprise I could collect my beer the next day.


I thought my white I.C.E.R.C. Gulfman was a good companion for the trip. I.C.E.R.C. stands for International Cetacean Education Research Centres. Every year Casio releases one or more models to promote this network.

The GW-9100 Gulfman was first released in 2007. It was an updated model of the DW-9700 Gulfman of 1999. Also a G-9100 was released. Both models are rust resist, but the GW-9100 does not have the Moonphase and Tidegraph. In stead of that it has a 5 band Waveceptor function and it is Tough solar.


The I.C.E.R.C. models are always released as limited editions. In the beginning they were often clear jelly, but later bright colors (blue, yellow and red) were used. The past few years these models are white. The titanium back shows the logo of the 2007 convention.

White seems not always to be associated as a masculine color. I personally wear the watch with great pleasure and have gotten a lot of great remarks about this watch.

In the past year white G-Shocks are also adopted wide in the US and Japanese Hip Hop scene. Frankly this is not always my favorite music, but I think it proves white is a nice color to let yourself be seen with.







Motigo Webstats - Gratis web site statistieken Eigen homepage website teller



No comments: