Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Intermezzo #14: Rescue-G Gulfman in Action

It took me a few days struggling through pages of thumbnail photo's, but finally I found a photo of me, riding through the dunes between Oostkapelle and Domburg as "Broom Bike" of the coastal marathon.
As written in G#40 and Intermezzo #13, you can see me wearing my orange Gulfman.

It was a great day, fighting against sea water and sand, blown up by a storm. I even became trapped between a stairs railing and my bike, when I was blown away by the 8 Bft winds. Driving 70 km/h through a hole, dug by some German tourists was also a pretty scary experience.
Bram ran his first mini-marathon. As far as he thinks, it was also his last...
The new Lifeguard Terrain Vehicle of the Zoutelande Lifeguards.

Cheers,

Sjors

3 comments:

Riley said...

Nice job Sjors. How long was the marathon?

Unknown said...

42 kilometer and 192 meters (runners and walkers). For Bram it was 4200 quarter meters (1050 meters). He had trained a little for the distance, but not for running up and down the dike twice, so he was really exhausted.

Riley said...

OK, so that's about 26 miles for us Americans. :)

Bram does look a little tired in the pics. I'm sure he'll grow up to be a great athlete though (like his dad).

I'm glad you made it all the way through without breaking anything. :)